Candidate Vetting Ltd is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Number: ZA138949.) in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Candidate Vetting Ltd is committed to the principals of data protection and the protection of the privacy of individuals.
In order to execute our duties it is necessary for Candidate Vetting Ltd to collect, store and process individuals’ personal information, including sensitive personal information.
This includes information from and relating to, among others, clients, suppliers and individuals on whom we are asked to conduct background checks.
Candidate Vetting Ltd fully endorses and adheres to the Eight Principles of Data Protection as set out in schedule one of the Data Protection Act 1998. The main purpose of these principles is to protect the interests of the individuals whose personal data is being processed and Candidate Vetting Ltd is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its users by following the principles below:
1. Personal Data shall be fairly and lawfully processed only with your knowledge and consent – Candidate Vetting Ltd does not complete any services without the written consent of the individual concerned.
2. Candidate Vetting Ltd will collect and process appropriate personal data only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements.
3. Candidate Vetting Ltd will not use the personal data for any reason other than that specified in the consent form. We do not sell or release personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
4. Candidate Vetting Ltd will ensure the quality and accuracy of the personal data.
5. Personal data will not be kept for any longer than is reasonably required to execute our duties and deal with any disputes or queries. Once the operational or legal requirement to store the data has expired the personal information is destroyed in a secure manner.
6. Candidate Vetting Ltd will ensure that the rights of individuals about whom the personal data is held, can be fully exercised under the Act. Reasonable technical and organisational measures shall be taken to prevent the misuse, loss/destruction or damage to personal data.
7. Candidate Vetting Ltd will take appropriate security measures to safeguard personal data. We will store all personal information gathered on a secure server that is password and firewall protected. We cannot guarantee the security of data prior to its arrival into our secure system.
8. Candidate Vetting Ltd operates services worldwide. Some countries outside the European Economic Area may not have laws regulating the use and transfer of personal data; we will ensure that personal data is not transferred to these countries without suitable safeguards.
Subject Access Requests
Candidate Vetting Ltd is a Data Processor under the Data Protection Act 1998 and has nominated the Compliance Team to be its Data Protection Officer.
The Act means you can obtain a copy of the details held by Candidate Vetting Ltd.
This is called a Subject Access Request. The request must be made in writing with evidence of your identity and the payment of a fee. At present the fee is £55.00. We must obtain authorisation from your prospective employer (the data controller) to release this information.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Please apply in writing to:
Candidate Vetting Ltd
76 Burgh Lane
More information about the Data Protection Act can be found at www.dataprotection.gov.uk